From your backyard or balcony, garden or window, what birds can you find?
Explore the birds near you and participate in Bird Blitz at Home anytime during the month of May! It’s fun for all ages, participating is easy, and your observations help scientists monitor Canada’s birds!
2. COUNT BIRDS!
- Choose any day in May to conduct your bird count, or participate several times throughout the month.
- Observe birds for as little as 15 minutes, or all day!
- Keep track of your observations or record on the bird tally form.
Tips for watching and identifying birds:
- Be observant, using eyes and ears to find birds in all the different habitats that make up your space. Birds can be found on the ground foraging for food, taking shelter in shrubs or trees, flying across the yard or high up in the sky!
- Take note of size, shape, colors and patterns, songs and calls, behaviors and habitats of birds
- Be aware of repeat observations during your count period. Try not to double-count moving birds!
Photo: Liza Barney
3. REPORT AND SHARE YOUR OBSERVATIONS:
Register or log in to NatureCounts to submit your bird observations.
VIEW BIRD DATA
Explore the birds reported from your province or across Canada!
WIN A PRIZE!
Submit your observations to qualify for a chance to win a Bird-friendly Yard Prize from Pinebush Home and Garden and West Coast Seeds! Winners will be randomly drawn from submitted data entries and tagged posts on social media!
Be social! Tag us with your Bird Blitz adventures here:
For more information, please email:
Bird Blitz at Home and Schoolyard Bird Blitz programs are generously supported by: