Learn About Birds!
Key concepts: Ecosystems; Environment, Populations; Migration, Human Impacts; Conservation; Geography; Technology; Career Exploration
Explore how birds connect our world through the science and technology of the Motus Wildlife Tracking System. The educational materials combine interactive classroom activities with Motus tracking tools that build knowledge about birds, migration and conservation.
Many school chimneys provide important nesting and roosting habitat for Chimney Swifts. Get to know these incredible birds with the following activities:
- Intro to Chimney Swifts (video presentation) & Worksheet
- Sketch a Chimney Swift! and Tutorial Handout
- Swift Crossword Puzzle and Swift Word Find
- Nest building challenge, Cootie Catcher, and Migration Mapping
- Graphing Chimney Swift Populations and Swiftnado
- Chimney Swift Glider Craft and Mystery Bird Classification
- Chimney Swift Colouring Pictures and Labeling Activity
- A Swift-Eye’s View: Poster