Find bird-focused activities, links and resources to support your curriculum and student interests.
Explore birds through the science and technology of the Motus Wildlife Tracking System! Learn about bird migration, take a virtual field trip to Long Point Bird Observatory, track a species with the Motus Case Studies, and explore bird movements at a receiving station near you!
Many school chimneys provide important nesting and roosting habitat for Chimney Swifts. Get to know these incredible birds with the following activities:
- Intro to Chimney Swifts (video presentation) & Worksheet
- Sketch a Chimney Swift! and Tutorial Handout
- Swift Crossword Puzzle and Swift Word Find
- Nest building challenge, Cootie Catcher, and Migration Mapping
- Graphing Chimney Swift Populations and Swiftnado
- Chimney Swift Glider Craft and Mystery Bird Classification
- Chimney Swift Colouring Pictures and Labeling Activity
Enjoy birds on the big screen – in your classroom! The Ontario FeederWatch Cam is a real-time video, streaming everyday from November through April.
Learn how to get started with Project FeederWatch at your school! This interactive tutorial introduces the program, setting up your feeder space, how to identify and count birds at your feeder, and submitting observations to the Project FeederWatch database.
David Suzuki explains the state of songbirds in North America, highlighting the threats, science and conservation needed to address declining populations.