Birds Canada values the work of our Citizen Science volunteers, who are often selfless in their commitment. Please read our updated COVID-19 Field Season Protocols.
COVID-19 Field Season – Update
- All job postings must include vaccine requirement as defined in (November, 2021 COVID-19 Policy). Candidates must provide proof of vaccination before being offered a position and as a condition of starting employment with Birds Canada going
*Supervisors will be responsible for verifying proof of vaccination for their field staff and then relaying (date verified and by whom) to HR for tracking purposes.
- If you have symptoms, please stay home.
- If you have symptoms, were exposed to COVID-19 or are completing required daily screening, please use the link provided below as the results will provide recommendation on what to do next.
*Given that we operate coast to coast; additional resource links have been included below with province specific information/self-assessments.
- Masks continue to be required when working indoors; including riding in vehicles. With the exception of working at your own personal workstation/workspace.
- Masks are not mandatory in an outdoor setting, however, are recommended when in close proximity (distance of less than 2 meters).
- The requirement to work within a bubble and take separate work vehicles is no longer applicable.
- Practice safe physical distancing (2 meters), hand washing and sanitizing measures.
- Public health advice varies widely across Canada due to local situations, therefore it remains of importance to additionally follow the recommendations and restrictions of your local public health authority. Also, continue to follow all travel-related measures.
- Given the nature of LPBO positions and group living arrangements, it is a requirement to adapt public health measures that are appropriate for their setting.
Additional Resource Links
Updated March, 2022