Photo: Kris Cu
Learn the basics of birding with Birds Canada using Richmond Public Library Birdwatching ExplorePACKS. The program will begin with an outdoor presentation from Birds Canada covering topics such as:
- Why birds and birding?
- Guide to binoculars and field guides
- Major bird groups and families
- Canadian birds and conservation
This presentation will be followed by a guided birding experience using Richmond Public Library Birdwatching ExplorePACKS.
Priority registration: Due to the popularity and limited capacity of this program, individuals who have never attended an Introduction to Birdwatching program with the library will be given priority for registration. Waitlisted participants will be given priority for the next instance of this program. Please register through the link.
What you need to know before attending:
- We will be meeting on-site in the parking lot at Garry Point Park. (GPS coordinates: 49.12546073366324, -123.19271367939517)
- While the terrain is relatively flat, there may be some gravel trails.
- Please dress for the weather, as this program will occur rain or shine!
- Binoculars will be provided, but please feel free to bring your own.
Getting to Garry Point:
- Follow the GPS coordinates 49.12546073366324, -123.19271367939517. You can type these coordinates into your GPS or navigation app, such as Google Maps, Apple Maps, or Waze.
- Bus routes 406, 401, 402, 407, & 413 all pass near Garry Point with bus stops approximately 10-15 minutes walking distance from the meeting point.