Birds Canada – Ontario
Office Operations Manager
About Birds Canada:
Are you looking to channel your skills into meaningful, energizing work that will directly contribute to protecting our natural world? Birds Canada is the country’s only national organization dedicated to bird conservation. Every day, our thousands of caring donors, 60+ passionate staff, and 70,000+ outstanding volunteers are taking action to help us better understand, appreciate, and conserve birds and their habitats. Together, we are Canada’s voice for birds – will you join us?
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time Position. 40 hours per week.
Start Date: Late January – Early February, 2022
Location: Port Rowan, ON, Headquarters (HQ)
Schedule: Monday to Friday; Daily Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Salary Range: $47,196 – $53,040.
Position Overview: Birds Canada is looking to hire a Permanent, Full-Time Office Operations Manager.
The Office Operations Manager will play a key role in the overall workplace experience as this position will be responsible for managing office operations and being an ambassador for our workplace culture. The role will lead various operational initiatives and technology advancements while keeping Birds Canada (which operates coast to coast) running smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis. The Office Operations Manager will additionally be our primary liaison with our internet service provider, courier services, required office vendors and cleaning services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain constant, open lines of communication with management, staff and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Actively pursue strategic process improvements and operational objectives to increase efficiency.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of operating policies and procedures.
(e.g. documentation retention/archiving, cyber security, office equipment use, etc.)
- Plan, oversee and implement various office maintenance and technology related projects.
(e.g. transitioning staff to cloud-based emailing and document sharing, coordinating office renovations, office and workspace decluttering, major software upgrades and licencing, replacing outdated signage, etc.).
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software assets across the organization. Proactively plan a schedule for replacements and upgrades at present and for the future. Provide new staff with necessary equipment for their position and ensure that they have adequate access to job specific programs.
- Assess employee ergonomic needs (on-site/remotely) for immediate follow-up by H&S.
- Welcome Birds Canada guests, visitors and clients and provide general information for inquiries.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mail, general mailbox emails and inbound calls; taking detailed messages and directing accordingly.
- Receive letters/packages from couriers and deliver to the appropriate individual/department.
- Prepare and schedule courier pick-ups for the office and staff.
- Prepare bank deposits, manage office filing and handle specific account payables.
- Assist with organizing special events, board and member meetings and arranging for food catering services.
- Handle information and data with integrity and confidentiality
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and Birds Canada store inventory.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years + experience in business administration, office management or project coordinator role.
- Organization skills are a must!
- Understanding of general accounting, finance and budgeting.
- Exceptional communication skills, positive attitude and diplomatic approach.
- Ability to develop, implement and review office related policies and procedures; providing support wherever necessary.
- Tech savvy with experience using/troubleshooting various types of office equipment. (copier, scanner, automated phone system, postage meter, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and cloud based applications and software.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and make decisions within job scope to improve efficiency.
- Able to effectively prioritize and establish/work on multiple projects simultaneously; including providing concise project status updates.
- Works well independently and collaboratively within a fast paced environment.
- English (French is an asset; not mandatory)
- As per Birds Canada Return-to-Work Policy, all employees are required to provide proof of vaccination in order to work-on-site. Birds Canada’s COVID-19 guidelines are subject to change, but currently require that when working on-site, employees are required to wear a mask at all times with the exception of their own personal office/workspace, are reminded to wash their hands and sanitize frequently and must complete COVID-19 screening each morning.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Pam Poole ppoole @ birdscanada.org by Monday, January 17, 2022.
Birds Canada is committed to improving levels of diversity among its volunteers, membership, staff, and board to reflect the diversity of Canada. In an effort to do so, we are actively tracking and seeking to improve our ability to reach all candidates with our job postings. Applicants belonging to racialized groups, who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ+, or who have differing abilities are therefore invited to self-identify in their cover letter.