Title: Digital Fundraising Specialist
Term: 12 month, part-time
Location: Remote, with possibility of occasional days at Birds Canada national office, Port Rowan, Ontario
Salary Range: Full time $40,000-$50,000 with prorated part-time rate of $20-$26/hour
About Birds Canada
Birds Canada is the country’s leading bird science and conservation organization working from coast to coast to coast to monitor and protect Canada’s birds. Our mission is to conserve wild birds of Canada through sound science, on-the-ground actions, innovative partnerships, public engagement, and science-based advocacy.
About the Role
This 12 month contract will cover a portion of the work done by the the Director of Membership and Annual Giving and will report to the Vice President, Public Support. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organization’s digital fundraising communications and the maintenance and enhancement of our digital platform, Engaging Networks.
This is a role for someone who is passionate about online fundraising, communication, and engagement. The groundwork has been laid with Engaging Networks, you will be growing the capacity of the tool and finding new ways to connect with our supporters. Candidates should be comfortable with HTML, spreadsheets, analytics, and fundraising strategy.
You will be a part of an internationally-recognized team of bird conservation experts, public support staff, and tens of thousands of dedicated volunteers and passionate supporters.
Email List Growth
- Support email list growth through efforts within the organization such as events, online courses, advocacy campaigns, etc.
- Maintain list hygiene and clean-up routines for online database.
- Help develop and implement new strategies for digital acquisition for list growth and donor conversion.
- Help implement and optimize welcome and reengagement series for all new and lapsed donors. Assist with welcome and conversion efforts to new subscribers.
- Respond to online inquiries from non-donors.
- Manage donor email preferences.
Email Message Production
- Assist with the creation of outbound email messages, including drafting copy for informational emails.
Furthering Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) at Birds Canada
- Proactively pursue and utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Ensure the incorporation of inclusive practices in all duties and responsibilities, on a consistent and ongoing basis, including but not limited to verbal and written interactions with constituents and Birds Canada staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, fundraising or communications preferred. 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in or with a non-profit preferred.
- Experience with at least one eCRM tool—preferably Engaging Networks
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- HTML and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on responsibility.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Background and interest in birds and environmental issues.
- Excellent written and in-person communications skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Estimated Start Date: August 2021
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by July 19, 2021 to kdalgleish AT birdscanada.org with “Digital Fundraising Specialist” in the subject line. While we thank all who apply, only those applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.