Welcome to the Canadian Lakes Loon Survey Volunteer Portal
This website is part of the NatureCounts platform offered by Birds Canada. The Canadian Lakes Loon Survey is a Birds Canada Citizen Science program that has monitored Common Loon chick reproduction in Ontario since 1981 and across Canada since 1991. The data that participants collect are used to monitor the health of our loons and lakes and direct conservation action.
Make a Gift for Loons
- This program continues due to the gracious support provided by Birds Canada members and supporters.
- Your donations make the loon survey and lake conservation possible. Thank you!
Conducting your Canadian Lakes Loon Survey
- Canadian Lakes Loon Survey Safety protocols under COVID19 restrictions
- Printable instructions
- Printable data forms
- Submit your data
- Loon Mortality Factsheet
- Stewardship Resources
- Canadian Lakes Loon Survey cover letter with tips
- Using the Canadian Lakes Loon Survey Volunteer Portal (FAQ)
- Creating an online loon survey form