Great Blue Heron Photo: Graham Sorenson
The gifts you make through Birds Canada support important work for birds across the country. Thank you for your generous contributions!
The James L. Baillie Memorial Fund is one way your support is put into action. The fund channels proceeds from the annual Great Canadian Birdathon and private donations to research, conservation, and outreach projects that help birds. Baillie Fund grants are awarded competitively to successful applicants by independent trustees.
We’re pleased to announce this year’s Baillie Fund grant recipients! Take a look below at these important projects, soon to be conducted across Canada with Baillie Fund support. Any projects that cannot be completed this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic can be completed in 2021.
Please visit our website for more information about the Baillie Fund, including how to apply this fall for the 2021 grants.
2020 Baillie Fund Grants
- Newfoundland Breeding Bird Atlas
- Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas
- Shorebird Scrapes and Citizen Science: Shorebird Survey Training and Outreach, Nature Manitoba
- Prairies and People: Monitoring and Outreach in Southwestern Manitoba, Nature Manitoba
- Suivi de la migration des oiseaux marins dans l’estuaire du Saint-Laurent en 2020, Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Rimouski – Observatoire d’Oiseaux de Rimouski
- Search for and monitoring of new nesting colonies of the blue-listed great blue heron (fannini subspecies) on the west coast of Vancouver Island, Jacqueline Windh
- Come Walk With Us, Sonya Richmond
- Corduroy Brook Bird Watching Group, Corduroy Brook Enhancement Association, Newfoundland